Tieto India history
India is the hub for the world’s IT offshore business. IT is increasingly packaged and consumed as a service. Tieto's strategy drives for higher differentiation and specialization and going forward, more focus is placed on productizing our high value adding IT services and offerings.
History in brief
- 2005 - 2007: Focus on acquisitions
- 2005: Enter to India through acquisition of a company specializing in Healthcare IT-systems
- 2006: Nordic Development unit starts operations
- 2007: The company acquires a Telecom R&D Services supplier in Hyderabad
- 2007 - 2010: Business consolidation
- 2009: Full-time employee (FTE) crosses 1 000 mark per year
- 2009: CMMI journey starts and Level 3 is achieved
- 2010 - 2012: Ready for expansion
- Project for CMMi-L5 starts
- Pune office becomes ISO-27001 ISMS certified
- EON SEZ office in Pune becomes fully functional
- Cross the 1500 Full-time employee (FTE) mark
- Project for ISO-14001 started and certification achieved.